1. The ideas and attitudes with which a person approaches a situation, especially when these are seen as being difficult to alter.*
What is your College Mindset?
No matter how confusing or complicated the college process is, YOU have control over one thing: your mindset. How you handle the stress of the college application process, celebrate the victories or angst about possible rejection, it is all due to your mindset.
Whether you are…
- a high school student navigating applying to colleges,
- a parent concerned about guiding your student through the process,
- an educator, mentor or friend advising students through the admissions maze,
College Mindset is here to help.
The college process takes time, patience and determination. You have to be intentional about every step along the way. You need to arm yourself with information, resources and support. And who knows, maybe students can learn some new skills along the way.
If you want to receive monthly newsletters straight to your inbox, please subscribe to our email list. In addition, here are three other ways you can further develop your College Mindset:
- Like the College Mindset Facebook page or follow me on Twitter to stay up-to-date on the ever-changing world of college admissions.
- Review the list of College Mindset Resources and bookmark your favorites.
- Have a specific question? Fill out a form on the Contact Page and I will be happy to get in touch with you.
Welcome to the College Mindset community! I am so glad you are here!
*“mind-set.” CollinsDictionary.com. 2016. http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/mind-set (Feb. 10, 2016)